Friday, November 25, 2011

out of my grasp


This was a grasping kind of moment. I saw this from my window while doing something else. My first instinct was to grab my camera and run for the car. The sunset was for sure more beautiful on the other side of those trees, more beautiful somewhere else. You know, the grass is greener kind of thing. Then I settled down and stayed in the moment. Yes I grabbed my camera, but slowly, looking through those strong standing forms I soaked in the purples and oranges. The contrast was amazing. I love these northern skies.
ISO 400
1/80 sec
f/2.8
70-200 lens

3 comments:

  1. Lilly you have such a good eye and a great camera. I bet you could capture some awesome sunsets this winter. Late afternoon drive to the piping beach will offer you some unbelievable opportuities. The winter skies are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the contrast of the trees against the sky!

    ReplyDelete