Wednesday, June 20, 2012

the little huntress


Tully will sit with me while I'm photographing the birds in the garden. It's amazing to me how still she sits under my tripod, giving my toes a lick every so often. She stares at the birds, watches them come and go, not a sound or a move from her. She can sit like that for 45 minutes. But god help her if a chipmunk comes along, she can't contain herself. She is fortunately not a very good huntress. She has tried many techniques, most of them have failed. She has tried the full on charge, (no luck) she has recently developed a cat like stalking, but that hasn't worked very well either. Out of frustration she ran in the house, went straight to her toy box and pulled out this stuffed chipmunk. She ran back outside and dropped it at her feet and continued her watch. Every so often she grabs it and gives it a death shake.

2 comments: