Monday, August 6, 2012

Busy Beavers




Last year we discovered beavers setting up residency on one of the tributaries of the Ausable River, at a location I try to keep under wraps. After the damage of last year's hurricane I wondered how they had managed to survive, our river has literally changed course because of the power of that storm, (not because of the beavers).
I did not need to worry as they have found a new location and are of course very busy building their new home. I could not believe how close we got to this one who was very absorbed eating leaves from the branch of the tree he had just cut down. Can you believe it!

1 comment:

  1. Angelaperez72@aol.comAugust 6, 2012 at 9:25 PM

    Wow, look at those nails! I bet it's so amazing to watch the beavers in action!

    ReplyDelete