Saturday, October 27, 2012

happy to be here


We flew at 43,000 feet and thank heavens for that as we were in the blue so to speak, or is that in the pink.... Whatever. When we descended it was bumpy of course, we could see the remains of Sandy as it left the Florida coast to find it's way to the northeast. The sky was crowded with greys and whites and bits of blue.
But we landed uneventfully and I headed for the beach with my camera. I sat in the wet sand with leaves flying all around me and shorebirds everywhere.They had probably been waiting for the break in the wind to feed. I must have changed lens 4 times in the calm of the back seat of the car. It was wild out there, I was impressed with the waves. This image was taken with a fast shutter speed. I was trying to show the power of the ocean, can you feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment