Monday, December 7, 2015

She left home


She deserves some kind of credit. 
I put the leash on her in the late part of the afternoon for a winter walk into the village. I wore sunglasses when we left and soon realized my mistake as the sun sunk lower and lower behind the town. She galloped along so happy to smell new smells, to sink her nose into the dried leaves, to stop and smell the roses, well maybe not the roses.... We wandered like two explorers peaking into lighted windows, wondering about their lives, well I was wondering, she was still smelling. We crossed streets and zig zagged in neighborhoods, I imagined their 
life behind closed doors and she, well she mostly smelled.  Smells are really good in other people's neighborhoods. Then we finished our trek by visiting great grandma in the assisted living home, Tully really loves the smells there. 
We woofed and hugged and called Brad to come get us, by now the sun had set and we were finished. I think she deserves some kind of credit don't you, for being willing to just go....

No comments:

Post a Comment