Monday, June 27, 2016

a losing battle


We are having a battle of wills. But I think I have won, for the moment anyway. This morning the bird feeder had 8 black birds happily feeding away. The tiny songbirds couldn't compete with this crew so I sent Tully to do the job. That didn't really work so I sat out there with my coffee and stared them down. That worked for awhile but I had other things to do. So they returned... 
I removed the two feeding tubes and put them in the house, no more sunflower seeds for those black birds! Now I have confused the entire network of garden birds.
 As I work on this post I am looking out the window witnessing the funniest bird brain responses to my brilliance. Black birds have come and gone, very frustrated. Songbirds have come and stayed in bewilderment, along with a squirrel and some chipmunks. They fly in and land on the empty pole and look around, up and down, everywhere.  I thought I'd feel good that I won, but I don't. I'm just feeling guilty. I'm going to go put the food back out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment