Monday, December 12, 2016

my sister in law


We lost one of the good ones today. She was a creative spirit, and she had a big influence on my life.  As a young person I remember sitting on the couch with her as she drew the most glorious paper dolls and all of their fancy clothes with her magic water colors. She showed me how to imagine and how to have a pretty world upon my lap. She was kind and she saw the good in me. As adults we shared a mutual respect for each other's creative worlds. I loved her art and her hand painted cards and she loved my blog and my photographs. Today I pile up the many years of her tiny paintings on my lap and I am with her in spirit. This is one of her earlier Christmas cards. I think she would be happy to know that I shared it with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment