Friday, September 8, 2017

inside out



I've been outside playing and forgot to come back to the studio. It's that simple I just had too much fun outside. I've been wandering in the woods and climbing mountains, I've been observing most things around me. I've gotten in touch with nature, and therefore with myself. I've been connected to the earth and my mind has quieted. 
I came upon this leaf on a rock in the woods and it felt so familiar to me. It wasn't until I returned to my computer that I remembered why. The below image of the frog was taken three years ago very near where I saw the leaf. Look at the patterns and the colors, it is beautiful to me. 
We need to spend the outside time, wandering time, thinking time, to really connect to ourselves and our world. Life's simple pleasures.



No comments:

Post a Comment