Sunday, June 14, 2020

just another day


Look at these little faces.
 Two of the three are looking for mom who has flown the coup.
She leaves them alone every so often much to my dismay.
I'm sure she knows what she's doing but until she returns just call ME Nellie.


When she leaves I have watched her through my binoculars.
She flies above the bay and heads over to the other side.
Sometimes she lands on the shoreline and dips her feet in the water. 
I think she just needs a bit of spa time.
But she always returns with a bit of something for the nest.


Today Artie, the hero of this family, brought in a much needed stick.
The chicks are getting big and moving around in the nest. 
I worry one will fall out. 
Apparently Artie worries about it too.


Mom goes back to her duties feeding the three chicks from the fish Artie had delivered earlier.
I foresee an afternoon nap for this little family.
I think I'll join them. This is all so exhausting......

No comments:

Post a Comment