Monday, October 19, 2020

Patience


I was in my car and and starting down the driveway when I saw her. 
So of course I ran into the house and got my camera.
She was still there watching me.
I think she was saying goodbye.


This is Patience, the third and last chick to fledge and to leave the area.
She had no interest in going and I don't blame her.
She had been seen flying with her fish most days. 
But now the skies are empty of her.


She has taken wing and left me here to imagine what her life is like now.
She is on her way to South America where she will stay for the next few years,
One day I hope she makes it back to Oyster Bay
 where I might meet her own new family. 
In the meantime her parents will return to the same nest outside my window next year
 and this will start all over again.
Thank you for teaching me all about you dear Patience, I'll miss you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment