Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bobcat


She came to our back yard and stayed for at least ten minutes. Tully barked and tried to go through the screen door of the bedroom to get to her. Thankfully I shut the door and we watched her from a safe distance, Tully however stood very far away from the door. The bobcat was very connected to the sounds of Tully and the sight of Brad and I peering at her from various windows. She followed us with her eyes, everytime Tully barked her ears moved and she watched and watched. I found my camera which was thankfully in the house and not in the studio. I opened the french doors in order to get a better shot. She watched me as you can see here. She was no more than 20 ft from me.  A very young healthy bobcat.      However she would eat Tully in a nano second....


As she was leaving I was clicking away and everytime she heard the camera she would turn back and look at me. Just before she disappeared into the overgrown dense area in the back she sat down and very gently washed herself with a pink tongue.


Tully will remain on a very tight leash.... 

1 comment:

  1. no worries........it's a bernese friend coming to say hello. i recognize the stare.

    ReplyDelete