Wednesday, January 18, 2012

grasping again

 This was a Wakodahatchi day. We saw three Egyptian Geese, can't imagine how they got there!
and of course our old favorites... 

I love the birds, I start the day with such enthusiasm and excitement over who I will see there. I shoot like a crazy person, eventually throwing out most of my images. The light was a bit harsh and contrasty and many of my shots were not sharp. It was a perfect example of grasping. My enthusiasm takes over my grounded quiet and the results are photographically just plain bad. But the fun that day was more important than the images I took home. Next time I shall slip away before daybreak and have a more contemplative session with my camera...

ISO 100
1/100sec (resting lens on railing not tripod)
f/5.6 goose
f/18 egret
100-400 lens

No comments:

Post a Comment