Wednesday, February 15, 2012

a family


This is not going to be easy to see, it certainly is not a good photograph, technically speaking. But I am so totally struck by something here.
 Mom on the left, hidden behind the branches, solid and dependable, she hasn't moved since I've been back from NY. Now we have the two little ones. I think they are brothers.... Big brother is seen testing his wings, can you believe the span! The little one has not moved, just peaks out from the top of the nest to see what is around in his small world. He has no need to test his wings, he plans on staying put, all cozy and safe.
Yesterday,Today and Tomorrow.  I feel that mom is yesterday, she has created them and has done a great job, big brother is today, full of confidence and ability, and the little one is tomorrow, where all our hopes and worries reside side by side. So I think I'll call the owlets Today and Tomorrow.


And of course lets not forget dad, he is exhausted because he's feeding this clan. Here he is asleep in a near by tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment