Friday, February 15, 2013

Hope


Look who I found. I believe this is the dad, I think he remembers me as he gave me the evil eye that he often did last year. That look that says, not you again with your three legged contraption, oh no its you again.... I grinned from ear to ear.
 He is an old friend who I respect and have learned to love. I did see mom way up high in a nearby tree, she sat tall and still, too far for me to capture with my camera. I still mourn her owlet loss last year. I imagine she is doing better about that than I am! 
It turns out that that these two parents had another owlet this year. He was discovered on the ground and eventually brought to Busch Wildlife where they learned that he was a he and he was 5 weeks old. He was not injured and will be released into the wild when he is older and ready. I am so glad he is being protected and taken care of. 
In the mean time I continue to search with my binoculars, looking for the owls. Everyday brings hope that I will find them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment