Sunday, July 28, 2013

fully fledged


I went out in my kayak heading for the osprey nest, and when I got there I was not surprised to see it empty. I had mixed feelings, but mostly happy. I looked everywhere for them but found no family member. I paddled my lonely paddle checking along the shore line, but no, nothing there.
There is a high tide nook that is a favorite place for me to go, I'm often found in there just floating and taking it all in. And that's where I saw them. Both brave littles had flown all the way across the harbor and were sitting in a tree, waiting for me.
Well ok then maybe not for me, but definitely for a parent to come feed them!
 And there below them in the tree was one of the great blue herons who calls this place home. And to think they are all living in our watery front yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment