Saturday, July 20, 2013

unsettled waters



I took Tully for a kayak ride this morning. She sat in my lap with her head on my rowing arm, up and down she bobbed along with me. We went along the shore line mostly to get her used to being out on the water. Her heart pounded in the beginning but then she settled in. She likes being on my lap. It was getting pretty choppy out there so I brought her back and went out on my own to check on the Osprey nest. This is what I saw when I got there. A single little on the nest and mom looking, well, shall we say proud? I panicked, where was the other little?? 
Out at the end of the dock, simple as that, she had fledged and was viewing the harbor from a lovely new angle.
The winds have picked up thankfully, but in a kayak it can create a lot of movement so I had a difficult time photographing them. I left, got in my car and went across the bay to get a closer look. I'm so glad I did. More of that tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment