Thursday, April 23, 2015

intricacies


It's hard to describe the beauty of the sun setting behind the trees outside our window. I had been photographing the aftermath of the departing thunderstorm off to the north, it was all peach and pale lavender. A double strip of color on the horizon with the grey blue sky pressing down on it. I thought it was over, I thought it would be a pale goodbye to the stormy afternoon. I should have known better. 
Just look at this! I ran outside barefoot, dragging tripod with Tully following. There will always be magic in everyday as long as we keep an eye out for it. These strong vertical tree trunks and the intricate branches crossing every which way felt like being caught in a spiderweb. Soon those branches will burst open with leaves and all will be hidden. But I'll remember it this way….

1 comment:

  1. How incredible to go from the softness of the Florida sunrises to the bold colors of the northern skies! This photo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete