Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy father's day


Our Osprey nest remains empty but there is lots of activity around the bay.
 I took out my kayak this morning to visit the nest just across the bay. I brought my biggest lens with me and left Tully home. She was visibly upset with me but she would not have been welcomed by the Ospreys. While I floated at a safe distance so as not to disturb them I watched as dad circled and delivered nesting material. The babies have hatched but are so little I haven't seen them yet. Mom does leans into the middle of the nest and fusses, I'm imaging with the littles.


Just before I made these images dad had driven off a resident great egret who was hanging out on the nearby dock. He swooped and practically forced him into the water. Lots of squeaking and excitement. 


No one seemed upset with my presence, maybe they just know that it is the crazy osprey lady from across the bay. 


I left while mom was busy rearranging dad's sticks. I hope the next time I kayak over there I'll see the littles peering over the edge of the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment