Tuesday, November 7, 2017

breathe deep


Letting go is hard. Living in the moment is hard too. In fact I think it is our life's hardest lesson to learn. Maybe it's really why we are here to begin with. 
I'm learning how from my dog. Tully patiently shows me the way but I'm a slow learner. She pulls on the leash to smell some wonderful delight and I give her a stronger pull away, she resists for a nano second and then lets go, gives a full body shake and moves on. She can't jump up on the studio couch the way she used to be able to. So she waits staring up where she wants to be and waits some more. She doesn't bark and get frustrated instead she choses to sit and enjoy her seat on the floor. My arms wrap under her belly to give an assist, she falls asleep up on the soft cushions where she couldn't get before. 
This time of year is full of letting go. I'm going to be a student of the concept. My yoga will help, my dog will help, and my photography will help. I'm going to breathe deep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment