Saturday, November 18, 2017

Shake it off




My father used to say if you're going to dance you have to pay the fiddler. 
Well if you're going to be a serious photographer you have to keep up with technology. You may have noticed that I have gone missing for a while now. That's because I am in the midst of buying new computers, new hard drives and new printers,(replacing 7 yr old computers). None of which plugs in to what it used to. In other words my photography world has been turned upside down and I'm slowly wading through it. 
What has suffered is my creativity, I haven't spent any time behind my camera in weeks. I sit in my studio and fume and get so frustrated that I want to scream, which quite frankly I do on a few occasions. 
I took a long overdue walk on the beach today. Brought my camera just in case... Met this dog who captured my total attention. She ran up and down the beach chasing  a playful sandpiper who flew along the shore and then would dive in front of her four legged friend. The dog galloped back and forth for over an hour trying to keep up with the sandpiper. You know of course who won. Lately I feel a bit like the dog, chasing something that I'll never catch. Technology will forever be just beyond  my reach. Just when I think I've got it..... I don't.


But never mind I'm going to keep trying, I'm going to learn to shake it off. Once everything is up and running, if that ever happens, I will go back to what I do best. Stay behind my camera and soak up my world.


No comments:

Post a Comment